Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Racial Harmony

Greetings!! This is a blog full of cultures. As a Singaporean, I will first start out with our very own Singapore culture.

Singapore is the ONLY country where people live harmoniously due to the fact that they got 4 different races. The 4 races are “ Chinese, Muslims, Indians and Eurasians.” Each racial group has its own religion and each religion has its own festivals to celebrate. There are colourful festivals of special significance all year round. Languages in Singapore also divide into 4 types, Chinese speaks mandarin, Muslims speaks malay, Indians speaks tamil and Eurasians speaks English. Its interesting to see how people of 4 different races in Singapore interact and what influence they have on each others.

8 comments:

  1. I am very interesting in Singapore calture since I am a chinese. There is a lot of similarities and differences between China and Singapore. I often compare these two contouries together. Sometimes it's very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think what you say is true, the different races in Singapore do influence each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a Singaporean, I'm proud that people of different races can live together harmoniously.

    If I'm not wrong(I hope), we also have the most number of public holidays in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is cool and fun to live alongside other races. There is more to experience and learn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. I'm very interested in cultures because it actually lets us understand more about a country and its lifestyle. From there, we'll be able to relate to the people who may have simlar practices as us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good that you are taking an interest in our culture.

    Are you sure that we are the only country where the races live harmoniously together?

    Would you still want to say that we have the 4 main races, when our society has actually become pretty cosmopolitan?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not a Singaporean. But I am really impressed with the fact that Singapore thrives in a multiracial society.

    ReplyDelete